Founded in 1880, Prizer-Painter, Inc. – maker of the BlueStar brand – has established a reputation for top quality products, high performance, and reliability. Originally known as Prizer-Painter Stove and Heater Company, Prizer produced a full line of coal ranges, hot water heaters, furnaces and heating stoves, sold under many of the major brand names of the day. In fact, many of those original models are still in service today across America. Prizer also produced a full line of Porcelain Enamel cookware throughout the 1950’s that was sold under the name “Prizerware”.
Prizer continued to produce cooking ranges until 1975, when the decision was made to dedicate its facility to the contract parts and assembly market, producing stoves for major brand names. In fact, for several years Prizer produced professional gas ranges for the Garland brand. This business was the backbone of Prizer into the 1990’s until, through a relationship with the Ben Franklin Technology Center located at Lehigh University, Prizer was able to take a major step forward with the introduction of its “Two Coat/One Fire” powder coating system.
In 2002 Prizer introduced genuine restaurant ranges to the residential market, under the BlueStar name. Today, BlueStar is widely considered the range of choice for top chefs and cooking enthusiasts who demand true cooking performance.
BlueStar was developed for people who love to cook – in fact, no other gas range on the market offers the same level of cooking performance. Independent studies have shown that BlueStar outperforms other stoves when tested for boiling, simmering, deep frying, stir-frying and searing.
PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGES OF A BLUESTAR RANGE
- Most powerful gas ranges on the market – up to 22,000 BTUs (Click here to learn why this is important)
- 190 colors – BlueStar stoves are available in 190 different colors on the RNB series. (Custom colors not found on the color chart can be ordered for an additional charge. Click here for a color chart.)
- Extra large oven capacity – accommodates up to a full size commercial 18″x 26″ baking sheet.
- Open burners – provides better heat distribution for even cooking.
- Gentle 130° simmer burner – for delicate sauces and soups.
- Convection oven cooking – for most complete exchange of air possible.
- Infrared broiler – produces 1850° of intense, searing heat.
- Full motion grates – for easy maneuvering of pots and pans between burners.
- Heavy duty, durable design – sturdy, all stainless steel construction.
- Cleanability – removable oven bottom for simple cleaning; top grates and ring grates are dishwasher safe.
- Hand-constructed – every BlueStar product is hand-crafted and rigorously tested in our Reading, PA plant prior to shipment.
- Custom-made – most BlueStar models feature burners that can be custom configured at the time of order.
For more information about Blue Star and what Mountain High Appliance has to offer, please call.